Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Update!

I cannot believe how fast my summer had flown by. Last week I went to California which was a nice getaway and a great break from work. I have now gone to California three times this summer. I love it so much. The weather was beautiful and I even got a nice little tan. I mean, I am not that tan, but I have more color than usual! With only 26 days till check in, my nerves are at an all time high. Most nights I lay awake at night, my thoughts racing. I am so excited for this new chapter in my life, but the ting is, I have never been away from my home and my family. This experience is going to be a HUGE change and I don't think anything I do will ever prepare me for it.

Now you know I am horrible with change and can easily become a nervous wreck! So, moving on...
I have not started packing yet. I have put aside a few things I know I want to take, but other than that, I have a lot to do!

I have found all of my roomies! I am pretty happy about the fact that I have talked to each of them and have gotten to know them pretty well! I think that things will work out great for all of us. Each of them is so sweet and I am excited to meet them all in person. Approximately 10 days before arrival, all program participants will receive an email with information about accessing DORMS (Disney Onsite Resident Management System), the new housing pre-registration site. Within this site, participants will be able to indicate preferences for Apartment complex, unit size, and the names of their roommates.

Right now, I am focusing on the mission trip I am going on. I leave Friday the 11th for Kenya and do not return until the 23rd. I have never gone on a mission trip, nor have I ever flown across seas. I am not a huge fan of flying, and one of my flights is over 15 hours. So fun. Other than that very long flight, I am so excited for this opportunity to share the Lord's love! Woohoo. I am stoked to see what the Lord has in store for my team and I in Africa! I will definitely post pictures and my experiences from over there when I return to the United States.

Until next time, Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment