Tuesday, July 29, 2014

6 days till check in!

Woah. I can't believe I head to Florida on Wednesday. I still have so much to do! I've barely started packing and still have a few things I need to buy. The problem is, I'm still on Kenya time. BTW, Kenya was absolutely amazing. I did not expect to LOVE it as much as it did. I'm so grateful for the experience and already want to be back there. I learned so much about what it means to fully trust the Lord. I had to step out of my comfort zone and share the love of God. Unless you have been there, I can't say much in order to give you the full effect of how awesome it was. No picture or description can portray the experiences I had there or the things I witnessed. All I can say is, I intended to teach others about Jesus, but in reality I was constantly learning from them. The people there taught me what faith in God looks like. These people have nothing, but continually praise the Lord for his faithfulness. This trip taught me more than I ever expected it could.

I returned home on July 23rd and I have been going non-stop ever since. My sleep schedule was messed up for a few days because of jet lag, but I am more on track now. There is so much on my to-do list and it seems to be getting longer as my check in date is approaching. As of right now, I filled out my New Hire Paperwork and have pre-registered on DORMS. The New Hire Paperwork is something many people were super excited to get an email about, but in reality its pretty boring and tedious. The New Hire Paperwork consisted of a lot of reading. Next, we received emails about DORMS and how to pre-register. This was a pretty easy task and my hopeful roommates and I were all able to link to one another. Everything feels real now. I still cannot believe that I hit the road on Wednesday morning. I think I am equally excited as I am nervous, but I also feel completely blessed to be embarking on this new adventure.

So, from now until Wednesday morning I will be packing and running errands to buy some last minute things!


No comments:

Post a Comment