Friday, June 27, 2014

Disney College Program: Course Registration!




The education portion of the Disney college is, in my opinion, one of the greatest parts about the program! While taking part in the program, participants can take advantage of several educational opportunities that they won't find anywhere else! We get such an awesome opportunity to learn from one of the very best and most successful companies in the world. Disney is such an expansive company and we get to learn what makes it so successful. It's an awesome opportunity and I knew from the start, I wanted to take advantage of it.
On Sunday, 12:00 am eastern time, class registration began. And I'm happy to say I got into the class I was hoping to be in, plus another class that I randomly decided sounded very interesting!
I honestly forgot when exactly course registration was, but on Sunday I was randomly looking at Facebook and noticed people discussing class registration on the Fall 2014 group page. After realizing that the course registration page was open, I grabbed my computer so fast. Many of us were having login issues and I assumed it was because there was a large number of individuals trying to login to the system. I eventually logged on and was able to pick my classes from there!! The process was very simple. However, the collegiate courses were not open right at midnight, so I had to wait to pick that one. On the bright side, the collegiate courses did not fill up very quickly and I was able to choose the course I was most interested in. This course did require a ten dollar fee, while the exploration series courses are free.

These are the two classes I chose:

Exploring Disney Heritage
Take a journey back in time discovering the roots of Disney. Learn about Walt's vision through exploring historical milestones.
Interactive Learning Program
The Disney Interactive Learning Program is a combination of traditional classroom education with out-of-class learning opportunities. These opportunities encourage participants to fully experience all areas of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts as a learning laboratory.

Exploring Disney Heritage is the course I have wanted since I first read about it. From what I hear, it is the most popular. Many people had to be put on the wait list for it because of how fast it filled up. I feel blessed to have gotten a spot during one of the time slots!

Both of these courses seem really interesting and I can't wait to learn more about this great company!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment