Monday, June 16, 2014

49 Days to Go!

In forty-nine days, I will be in Florida. To say I am excited is an understatement.
Lately, my arrival in Florida is all I have been able to think about. I even wrote my packing list out already and it looks something like this:

Closet:
Shorts
Jeans
Tank Tops
T-shirts
Jackets
Sweatshirts
Sweatpants
Blazers
Dress Pants
Pencil Skirt
Exercise Attire
Flats
Sandals
Tennis Shoes
Running Shoes
Wedges
Heels
Socks
Underwear
Bras
Pajamas
Swimsuits
Jewelry
Scarves
Beanies
Hats
Laundry Basket

Bedroom:
Bed Sheets
Bed Comforter
Pillows
Blankets
Pictures
Bed Risers
Containers for Storing Items
Mattress Pad
Full Length Mirror

Bathroom:
Bath Towel
Hand Towel
Shampoo
Conditioner
Body Wash
Face Wash
Face Moisturizer
Make-Up
Razors
Deodorant
Body Spray
Perfume
Cotton Balls
Hair Brush
Blow Dryer
Flat Iron
Hair Products
Mouth Wash
Tooth Brush
Tooth Paste

Electronics:
Phone
Phone Charger
Laptop
Laptop Charger
Camera
Camera Charger

Miscellaneous:
Lock
Beach Towel
Photo I.D.
Current Vehicle Registration
Proof of Insurance
Cancelled Check
Backpack
Minnie Ears
Extension Cords
Keurig
Toolset
Printer
Tacks
Going Out Wallet
Pens
Pencils
Umbrella
Lunch Bag

 
Also, I found my roommate, people! This is something I am super excited about. I was going to have all random roommates, but another opportunity came my way. My new roommate and I found each other and I could not be more ecstatic about it! we have a lot in common and it seems like we will get along really well. I cannot wait to meet her in person. There is always a risk when having a random roommate, so knowing who mine will be for the five months I am in Florida is a huge relief. We are going to try for a 3 bedroom in Patterson.

My arrival date is inching up on me much faster than I expected. Part of me just wants to get there already and start making memories and the other part of me is not ready to leave my family or my home. Leaving the place I grew up in is something I knew was going to happen when accepting my offer for the Disney College Program. It is also the one thing I have been dreading. I love my family and my home, but I also know that this opportunity does not come along often and it will all be worth it! There is no reason any of us should live in fear. We should always be brave and trust that we can do all things through Him who gives us strength. So, I will cast all my anxiety and fears on the Lord, because he cares for me. We need to chase after our dreams, not hide from our fears. Am I right!?

Adventure is out there,

 
 
And this whole new adventure I will be embarking on still does not feel real. Eeeeee!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment